Tuesday 3 April 2012

A bit of an update.

I guess many sailing blogs are quiet over the winter, this one has been no different.
I've been slowly working through the list, but it's getting close to the time of year that the work has to stop and the sailing starts.
The upholstery has been completed, Ali never wants to see another needle! The foam is from a memory foam mattress, the covering is waterproof, so it should mean some comfortable nights to come.


I've bought a replacement log and transducer, so, as long as it gets cleaned every trip, it might work! I've also got hold of a replacement for the depth sounder, so the fishfinder will be getting the elbow...   
The antenna for the VHF has found it's way to the top of the mast. I still need to spend some cash and buy an antenna, but that can wait. 
I took the outboard control box and cables home, all they needed was a good cleaning and some lubrication.
The sail has had a few repairs. On the trip to the Tyne last year I had a batten continually trying to escape!
The carpet lining for the hull has been finished without too much stray glue.

All I need now is the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment