Monday 7 November 2011

Progress, a bit....

I've managed to make up some bits to clamp the wind generator to the pushpit rail. Plan A was to make a couple of "U" bolts, that turned into plan "B" and a couple of "J" bolts. I figured that they would be plenty strong enough for the job, and a bit less work for me....
The galvanised bits were swapped for stainless at the same time.



The other job I've started to tackle is lining the inside of the hull with carpet. I got a bit fed up with getting a cold arse in the night. The spray glue was "fun" to use, apart from getting high on the fumes, I've now got a pair of trousers which are only suitable for wearing while using spray glue!

  








4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and find it interesting as I've always liked Junk rigged Boats and the Coromandal has always caught my Eye.
    Oh well, another dream, so I'll just have to follow yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment.
    I wish there was a bit more to follow. Health problems are holding me back at the moment.
    Fingers crossed for next year....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought this maybe of interest

    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T9yrQR8nl8

    ReplyDelete
  4. A winter in the Arctic, now that's the sort of thing I dream about.....

    ReplyDelete